curl / Mailing Lists / curl-and-php / Single Mail

curl-and-php

Fwd: After dist upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04, PHP 7.2 no longer finds the cURL module

From: Dave Nelson <dave_at_x2592.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 03:40:46 +0300

Hi people, I was using cURL successfully on Ubuntu 16.04 (server
edition) with PHP 5.6, and did a distribution upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04.
That now gives me PHP 7.2. I'm using cURL for a NextCloud instance
(that was running quite happily). Now my NextCloud instance is giving
me the following message when I go to the login page:

"PHP module cURL not installed.
Please ask your server administrator to install the module.
PHP modules have been installed, but they are still listed as missing?
Please ask your server administrator to restart the web server."

Running 'php -m' lists curl as being there, and curl.so is indeed
present at /usr/lib/php/20170718/curl.so

Why isn't PHP seeing cURL? And what's the solution?

For info, there is a pastebin of my /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini at
http://pasted.co/791ed426

There is a pastebin of my /etc/php/7.2/apache2/php.ini at
http://pasted.co/eb43179d

And there is a pastebin of my /etc/php/7.2/apache2/conf.d/20-curl.ini
at http://pasted.co/6930a601

My PHP info can be seen at https://tardis.world/info.php

Many thanks in advance for any help,

Dave