curl-and-php

Is it possible to build a version of PHP 5.2.14 that supports TLS 1.2 ?

From: Lena Nilsson <lenani2020_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 12:20:23 -0400

Greetings!

I am working on a heavily customized e-commerce website based on Turnkey
Web Tools SunShop 4.1.18, that runs under PHP 5.2.14 on a Windows 2012
server and IIS 8 / FastCGI.

In the last few weeks, we have been informed that both PayPal and UPS
(which the site uses for accepting payments and shipping) will only accept
connections using TLS 1.2 starting June 17 and May 31 this year,
respectively. (PayPal originally stated that their deadline for upgrading
was Jan 1, 2018, then moved it up to June 17, 2016.)

We were already planning to upgrade to a new, up-to-date ecommerce platform
this year, but now we obviously have less than three months. The current
site will not run at all under any version of PHP 5.3 or later, and the
upgrade to SunShop 4.1.18 from an earlier version of SunShop took over six
months to complete, so we need a temporary solution.

I found PHP 5.3.5 compiled with VC6++ on the php.net site and tried to
substitute php_curl.dll with that version, but that only led to an internal
server error (500).

Is it possible to compile and build a version of PHP 5.2.14 (or 5.2.17
should also work) that uses cURL 7.34 or later? Has anyone been able to do
it successfully?

I understand libcurl is statically linked in PHP. Would I need to rebuild
the entire PHP to upgrade to cURL 7.34, or would it be enough to just
create a new php_curl.dll (and I assume upgrade libeay32.dll and
ssleay32.dll)?

We have Visual C++ 6 installed in XP mode on a Windows 7 workstation, and I
have downloaded the source from php.net, however I am unable to find a copy
of the binary dependencies. (deps-5.3-vc9-x86.7z
<http://windows.php.net/downloads/php-sdk/deps-5.3-vc9-x86.7z> for PHP 5.3,
so I am assuming that the corresponding file for PHP 5.2 would be
deps-5.2-vc6-x86.7z, but the only place I can find it is a blacklisted site
and Chrome flags the file as malicious).

Do I need the deps-5.2-vc6-x86.7z file, and if so, does anyone know where I
can get hold of a clean copy?

Thank you!
Lena