curl-and-php

Question: Maintaining separate CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE cookie sessions across multiple browsers

From: Alex Judd <alex_at_skywire.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:50:40 +0100

Hi Daniel and everyone

First post here so a brief Hi and a quick question I wonder if anyone has
any experience (I've read around the mailing lists but couldn't find
anything that directly answered).

I'm building a PHP proxy server that uses Curl to read and write from an
existing website, and to return the response to PHP for me to manipulate as
I like.

Now the good news is this works pretty well, and POST and GET variables are
being maintained and passed backwards and forwards, as are COOKIES with the
CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE option.

However, the problem I have is that if two separate webbrowsers/users access
the system at the same time, they get to share the same cookies and thus can
see each other's session information etc. [which is obviously not what we
want]

Has anyone built a similar system where the COOKIEFILE settings are
maintained on a separate PHP user/session based approach?

Many thanks in advance

Alex