curl-and-php

Using Curl to Fetch Javascript DataTable Info

From: Ben Niebel <bniebel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 13:47:16 -0500

Good Afternoon,

First, I hope this is the correct forum for my question. I would appreciate
any insight.

I have been using PHP/Curl to extract baseball team rosters from mlb.com.
That process has been relatively simple, since the MLB rosters are displayed
in a plain HTML table format.

More recently, I've been trying to accomplish the same task for some minor
league baseball teams from milb.com. This process had not been nearly as
easy because MILB displays their rosters in dynamic JavaScript DataTables
(see http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ros&cid=452
).

Does anybody have any tips on how I might be able to use PHP/Curl to fetch
the player information stored in these tables?

Thanks again for any insight,
Ben