curl-and-php

Re: receiving file sent with CURLOPT_PUT

From: Superprops <superprops_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:11:05 -0800

Stephen Pynenburg wrote:
> It mostly depends on whether your server allows PUT requests - I would
> imagine that many don't. This page
> [http://www.nusphere.com/kb/phpmanual/features.file-upload.put-method.htm]
> gives a good-looking script, but I'm not sure what you have to modify
> in Apache to make it work properly. (or .htaccess).
> Is there any reason why you need to use PUT instead of POST?
> -Stephen
Sorry, It looks like I double posted my request. I'll continue in this
thread.

There is absolutely NO reason why I tried using PUT instead of POST.
I'll chalk it up to inexperience with sending data to a website. I am
going to modify my code now using a POST form and give it a go. And
yes, the PUT request was soundly rejected by my host, now I know what I
cannot do.

POST does seem much easier now that I look at it, just receive the file
in the $_FILES array, error check and then move_uploaded_file() correct ?

Thank you for your direction. Thanks to Andrey Kuznetsov for his reply
in my double post as well.
- Glenn