curl-and-php

Re: Posting with an automatic hidden post

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 09:59:12 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009, Andrey Kuznetsov wrote:

(Your top-posting makes this thread very awkward to read and follow)

> curl_exec=page refresh assuming it's the same url

Yes, if you still does GET to that same URL. Which we've repeatedly said you
don't.

> Before you can extract data, you need to tell where you extract it from,
> which is the variable that you set 1st curl_exec to. You extract the key,
> then you select the same url, post command, and curl_exec the POST command.
> Doesn't the 2nd curl_exec reload the page in order to know where to POST
> command when it goes to the url thereby refreshing and changing the key?

Nope.

You (the app) tells where to send the POST, there's no magic involved from
(lib)curl's end that figures out where to send that request.

1. Set URL1
2. GET
3. extract data
4. Set URL2 (or leave it the same as before)
5. POST
6. smile

No "reload" nor "refresh".