curl-and-php

Re: Posting with an automatic hidden post

From: Colleen R. Dick <platypus_at_proaxis.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 23:23:54 -0800

think about when a human does this. He goes to the URL and the key is
generated for him and he never knows about it. He just fills in the
visible part of the form and press submit. Presumably the data is
posted back to the same URL that made the form? The script processing
for that URL has to be able to detect whether data are being posted or
not. If data are being posted it is going to process them (presumably
what you want) and maybe return a new form or maybe not but you dont
care because you already got it to process your data. If you are doing
an automatic script you don't need to output anything, just figure out
what you want to post back and post it along with the scraped key. If
you are creating something for a human you need to make a proxy form
with the data fields you want him to type but no key. Then he submits
that to your script and in your processing you forward it all with the
scraped key back to the third party site. You may or may not be
successful depends on how the key is checked on their end. I know this
works because I wrote hacks for linkpoint gateway by scraping javascript
keys out of an outer frame and using them.