curl-and-php

Re: Re: Re: curl_multi does not processing multiple cURL handles in para

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 00:43:36 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008, V. Simsive wrote:

>> We're all volunteer hackers working on what we think is fun and/or
>> important. This bug has been in libcurl since many years and apparently not
>> many people think it is important enough to fix. Personally I never use
>> SOCKS so I don't care much either.
>
> What if I will donate from 50 up to 100 US dollars (the max what I can
> effort)? Will this change the priority of this bug to the higher? And if so
> then when I should expect the actual result?

First, a donation to the project is just a donation for what we've
accomplished. Buying a new feature or a bug fix is something different and
then you need to find someone who's willing to work on the bug and fix it for
the compensation you offer. curl has no formal organization, we're not a
formal team of developers, we don't really have bug priorities - everyone who
works on curl has their own priorities, schedules and agendas.

You cannot "expect" any results unless you arrange a contract (with a
developer).