curl-and-php

Re: help with curl POST with cookie

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:29:33 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008, Tomas wrote:

Please don't top-post and full-quote. That's against the rules here.

> I've found your suggestion as a solution to posting asp/aspx pages, as I
> understand asp/aspx http header for cookie is not "set-cookie:" but
> "cookie:". If I try and save a cookie from asp/aspx website I get nothing.

Set-Cookie is the response-header, Cookie: is the request-header. That's
totally unrelated to it being asp or whatever.

> AS I UNDERSTAND for curl to save cookie http response must come with
> "set-cookie:" header. Is there any way of getting curl to recognize
> "cookie:" header?

You don't get cookie: headers in responses so no, libcurl does not deal with
them.

Your code doesn't enable libcurl's cookie engine so of course libcurl won't
deal with the cookies you may receive.