curl-and-php

curl_exec() never returns; PHP script termination

From: Kevin Sanders <kbsanders_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 17:51:54 -0500

Hello,

I'm seeing strange behavior from curl_exec() on a particular web host.

The problem is that after calling curl_exec(), the PHP script seems to timeout after about 10 seconds and return a blank page.
No code after the curl_exec() is ever ran.

The symptoms are not unlike this PHP bug recorded in 2001: http://marc.info/?l=php-internals&m=99478012911101&w=2

"Every script I have that uses cURL never makes it past the curl_exec()line. Apache just seems to die at that point."

Web Host: SiteGround.comPHP Version 5.0.5 libcurl/7.15.3 OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.5.6

The curl url is https://api-3t.sandbox.paypal.com/nvp

I've tested the script on 4 different hosts, and it works on 3 out of 4.

Any clues as to why this is happening? Anyone seen this before?

Thanks!