curl-and-php

Re: How to installable Curl In Redhat RHEL3 i386 7.15.1

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:42:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, yong wang wrote:

> I am upgrading the curl from the libcurl 7.10.6. then I download the Redhat
> RHEL3 i386 7.15.1 and install it.

Allow me to point out that you really should first consider using upgrade
packages that your distro provides. And if they don't provide any, you need to
carefully investigate what packages you get and what requirements they have
etc.

This is a question about your Linux distro and upgrading packages in that
rather than being very much about curl or PHP/CURL. The curl project
explicitly does not distribute binary packages for amongst others this reason.

> # rpm -Uv TWWcurl715-7.15.1-2.i386.rpm

That's a package you got from the The Written Word and I'm sorry, but you
should really ask them about their packages if you have problems with them.

If I were you, I'd just get and build the latest curl from source.