curl-and-php

Searching this list (was RE: trouble logging in)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 13:22:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, Luke Painter wrote:

(I changed subject to better reflect the current topic.)

> The only complaint I have is that I wasn't able to search for the answer to
> my question very easily in the archives. I had to manually scan each month
> going back a couple of years for something that looked like what I wanted.
> A specific search facility foreach of the individual mailing lists might
> help, and if there is one, it isn't easy to find.

Yeah, I guess that's one thing that could make things easier for users, but
I'm not capable of pulling that through (me being the primary and just about
only admin of curl.haxx.se). I do offer searches through google that searches
the entire curl site, but more than that is simply not doable for me.

However, anyone can start a web archive of this list anywhere on the net and
offer very good and targeted searches of these archives... I would gladly
assist such an effort.

I figure it would also be better if we could get improved documentation for
the PHP/CURL binding on the php.net site, and if we would get a fine dedicated
FAQ created for PHP/CURL, to refer people to for the most common questions.