curl-and-php

tunneling proxies, CURLOPT_PORT, and SOCKS v4 support

From: Terra Frost <terrafrost_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:48:31 -0500

CURLOPT_HTTPPROXYTUNNEL's being set allows one to tunnel through a proxy.
Normally, however, one can tunnel through an arbitrary number of proxies
that support CONNECT. Does cURL only allow one to tunnel once?

Also, CURLOPT_PORT's value is described as "an alternative port number to
connect to", however, CURLOPT_URL already allows a URL to be added. Does
this mean that if it can't connect on that port, it'll try to connect on
this port?

Finally, it doesn't look to me as though SOCKS v4 is supported by cURL. Is
this correct or am I just reading the documentation to quickly?