curl-and-php

PHP5 / cURL segfaults with SSL

From: Kris Starkey <kris_at_flightline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:21:29 +0000

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting curl working properly with SSL connections
using apache2.0.53 and php5.

If I try to open a connection, I get the following error in my apache
error log as soon as it hits the curl_exec() command:
[Mon Nov 28 10:16:22 2005] [notice] child pid 7520 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11).

I'm using these options to stop it from verifying the SSL:
curl_setopt($pch,CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST,false);
curl_setopt($pch,CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER,false);

Here's the curl info from phpinfo():
CURL support enabled
CURL Information libcurl/7.15.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8a zlib/1.2.2 libidn/0.5.18

All of the packages have been installed using apt-get (this is a Debian
system).

I have had this before on a different machine, but adding the curl
options above seemed to fix it. I'm not sure if the problem I'm having
now is due to curl, php, or openssl. If I run the script from the
command line, it doesnt segfault.

Any help would be appreciated.
Kris