curl-and-php

Re: fsockopen replacment

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 11:11:36 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, StephenB wrote:

> curl info: curl 7.12.0

CURLOPT_PORT didn't work properly back then.

> I've tried it with the port on the url and it seems to connect, but gives the
> following error:

> cURL error:Operation timed out with 82 out of -1 bytes received

So it times out.

> When I turned off the error logging and return transfer it gives:

> PUT / HTTP/1.1,I Host: dac.nic.uk:2043,I Pragma: no-cache,I Accept: */*,I ,I

Is that what the server responds?!

> which is the same error when using curl from command line.

And how do you do that request from the command line?

> The connection appears to be taking the headers as requests, which gives the
> ,I return errors.

The "connection" ? You mean the server?

> I've mailed the technical people for the system to see if they have any
> recommendations. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

It might help if you told us what your attempts should be doing instead of
just showing us what you do.

Why are you trying to send an empty PUT ? It doesn't make sense.