curl-and-php

Re: Please advice me (fwd)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:24:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, Vibranarayanan wrote:

> I am using below code for login checking. this take me to trademe.co.nz. i
> have to do the user validation in my website path. No need to go to
> trademe.co.nz.

Just follow the same advice everyone gets:

1. Use LiveHTTPHeaders to record a working manual session.

2. Use the command line curl to repeat 1). Pay attention to cookies and
    redirects and how the browser get info about them (as curl has no
    javascript nor meta refresh tag support).

3. Translate the command lines from 2) into function calls in PHP.

Done

If you have usage problems with the curl command line tool, you can join the
curl-users mailing list and ask questions there. There are lots of helpful and
experienced curl users there, as opposed to this list.

Of course, another alternative is to buy the script from someone who knows how
to write this kind of scripts and does it successfully every day... (hint
hint)