curl-and-php

Re: cURL Question

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 14:33:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Willy Jaramillo wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a way to do an asynchronous post using cURL.

1. cURL is the name of the project that develops curl and libcurl.

2. curl is the name of the command line tool.

3. PHP/CURL is the name (I use) of the PHP binding for libcurl until a better
    pop up.

I assume you're talking about (3) here.

> I don't want my script to wait for something to return. In other words, once
> it reaches the curl_exec($ch) line, I want my code to continue running
> without waiting for something to be returned.

That would be possible if PHP allowed you to start a background process/thread
or similar. But I don't think it does.