curl-and-php

Re: Img as submit

From: Sinan <siyisoy_at_netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:25:51 +0300

>> Before asking a technical question by email, or in a newsgroup, or on
>> a website chat board, do the following:
>>
>> 1. Try to find an answer by searching the Web.
>> 2. Try to find an answer by reading the manual.
>> 3. Try to find an answer by reading a FAQ.
>> 4. Try to find an answer by inspection or experimentation.
>> 5. Try to find an answer by asking a skilled friend.
>> 6. If you are a programmer, try to find an answer by reading the
>> source code.
>>
>> When you ask your question, display the fact that you have done these
>> things first; this will help establish that you're not being a lazy
>> sponge and wasting people's time.
>

> I would not go as far and say doing 1 through 4 is enough, but you
> don't even do that.

This is just your prejudice. How would you know it? I have used and
using curl for different login pages successfully none of which contain
a textarea nor an image. I passed through the manual lots of times, read
many times the faq and tried a lot may be 100 hundred times different
curl setup options. The only thing I didnt is to search web thats
because I dont know what to search? There is no skilled friend around
me. the only friends who are skilled are you, my friends on the web.
What I am doing now is the 5th option. I can accept that my last
question is not clearly stated. Sorry for this. I have an headache now
thats why I didnt pay enough attention when I wrote it. I know I am
asking elementary questions but I dont have any other option.

> Concerning your <input type="image"> question, this behaves just like
> a submit button. If you want to return the coordinates of the mouse
> click, image maps are the answer to your problem. None of this has
> *anything* to do with cURL. Google is your friend.
>
> Thorsten

Coming back to the question, you say its like a submit button. But it
doesnt have a name and a value. So shouldnt I post anything for it?

>>None of this has *anything* to do with cURL.

Do you mean I shouldnt ask this question here?