curl-and-php

Re: compiling php cvs version with curl cvs version

From: Haluk Durmus <haluk.durmus_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:33:41 +0100

Haluk Durmus wrote:

> Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Haluk Durmus wrote:
>>

>>> /usr/local/src/php/ext/curl/interface.c: In function `curl_free_post':
>>> /usr/local/src/php/ext/curl/interface.c:643: warning: passing arg 1 of
>>> `curl_formfree' from incompatible pointer type
>>> /usr/local/src/php/ext/curl/interface.c: In function
>>> `alloc_curl_handle':
>>> /usr/local/src/php/ext/curl/interface.c:711: sizeof applied to an
>>> incomplete type

>> This is a problem in PHP, not in curl. The distinction may not be that
>> important to you, but I am not involved in PHP development
>>
>> I suggest you post to the PHP developers to see if they're working on
>> this, or
>> possibly submit a bug report on their bug tracker.
>>
>> As a matter of fact, I pulled out the latest PHP from CVS to see if I
>> could
>> repeat this, but it refused to build with my set of autoconf and
>> libtool, so I
>> tossed that idea. I didn't like the idea of downgrading just for this.
>>

> I downgraded to curl_7_10_5
> Now it's working...
>
> hope php is working on it.

Hi Haluk. I ran across your post about curl not compiling with php5. I
had the same problem with curl 7.11.1 and found it was fixed if you
download the following file to your php5source/ext/curl directory before
you run configure/make.

http://cvs.php.net/co.php/php-src/ext/curl/interface.c?sbt=1&login=2&r=1.44&p=1

Hope this helps and perhaps you could post a follow-up to your posting
so others can find this,

Regards,
Mark Reidenbach