curl-and-php

Re: posting with curl is slower than with IE

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:52:50 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Wilfrid wrote:

(please use sensible subject lines)

> However my code is very slow (versus a simple IE browser emulate with
> visual basic (SIC!)).

Well, "your code" is also not going directly to the site as you do when you
use IE, right? Or are you comparing correctly when you run this php script on
the server?

> My code takes 30 seconds to be done (versus 10 seconds with IE). Is there
> something to do to speed up navigation under libcurl?

Sure, but first you need to find out what's taking the time and tell me/us. I
don't know how to do that using PHP though. There exist no good reason why
using curl should be slower than anyting else (except for the simple reason
that you get two transfer times since the PHP program first gets the data and
then your client gets the data from your server).

> Sometimes in forms there are hidden fields which contains session data or
> other datas depending on the connection, I would like to know if someone as
> a ready function to extract hidden fields to populate a correct postdata
> string...

I've written a tool (perl script) named 'formfind' that I use to extract
information about forms in HTML pages:
http://cvs.php.net/co.php/curl/perl/contrib/formfind?r=1.5

 [[ Do not post private mails to this email address. They won't reach me. ]]