curl-and-php

Where to put ca-bundle.net

From: Scott Nichol <snicholnews_at_scottnichol.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:33:39 -0400

I am using cURL as provided in a Win32 binary PHP 4.3.2 distribution I downloaded through php.net. In order to "activate" cURL for PHP (on IIS 5, running as an executable, not ISAPI, i.e. the .php extension is mapped to the .exe executable path), I did the following:

1. Uncommented the line "extension=php_curl.dll" in php.ini
2. Added the line "extension_dir = "./extensions"" in php.ini
3. Copied libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll to the directory containing php.exe

With this config, I always get the "SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK" error when accessing a URL with the https scheme. The PHP distribution did not include the CA cert bundle, so I grabbed ca-bundle.crt from CVS and tried putting it in the directory with php.exe and php_curl.dll. I also tried renaming it to curl-ca-bundle.net in each of those locations. In all cases, I still received the same error.

By using the CURLOPT_CAINFO option, I was able to get SSL connections to work. However, that is not the long-term solution I want to use. What is the "proper" configuration for cURL with PHP, e.g., is there a preferred place for the DLLs, a better php.ini configuration, and a place where the bundle belongs?

TIA,

Scott Nichol