curl-and-php

cURL: Problem with HTTPS Response in plain text with ASCII charac ters in it.

From: Scott Fletcher <scott_at_abcoa.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:13:55 -0400

Hi!

            I'm giving this a shot with a hope that anyone who have face
this situation before would be able to explain it and help out if possible.
The problem I'm having is not the cURL or PHP, but with the way on handling
the output in HTTPS response. As you can see, when cURL receive the data in
form of plain text and pass it on to PHP into an Array. There are some
datas in the plain text that use a mixture of TTY (ASCII format) while some
other are in XML (not ASCII format). The PHP array get clogged up when an
ASCII char, 'nul' is returned and the rest of the data after the ASCII char
'nul' couldn't be put into an array because the PHP array had somehow
terminated.
I don't know if it is a PHP bug or not but I tried to do a work around to it
by not having an array but of having a serial stream of data into a PHP
variable but that could not be done. So, I figured if I can do something
about parsing the data before it goes right into the array to prevent PHP
from getting clogged up with a PHP function or something but that can not be
done either. So, I figured that I might find some prefix option to the cURL
command to do something to the output but there is no such a feature for
converting or modifying the data in the output. So, I'm out of luck! I
would appreciate any help that anyone can give me on this one.

--snip-
<?
  exec(CURL_CMD." -m 120 -u \"$XP_BASIC_AUTH\" -d \"$XML_REQ_STR\"
".$SECOND_URL, $result_array, $res_code);
?>
--snip-