curl-and-php

Re: Curl php problem timeout

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:37:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Keith Pope wrote:

> ok originally before I upgraded curl to 7.10.6 I got this:

[snip]

> Killed -- here i have to kill the process else it just keeps on going
> !!!!!

It doesn't surprise me, curl version 7.9.4 contains bugs that could cause such
things. Nobody should use that version.

> so I thought i would just use the newer version of curl using passthru to
> called the sys cmd.

Actually, if it works when you use it on the command line then curl works and
I'm happy.

If it then doesn't work when you invoke it using some other means, then I'd
say that you do something wrong.

> all I did to do this was :
>
> $cmd = "/usr/local/bin/curl -d \"data=12121212\"
> https://ukvpstest.protx.com/vps200/dotransaction.dll?Service=VendorRefundTx"
> ;

I notice that you're not using -k, but then I guess it worked from the command
line without -k so then this should work too...

> now when I did this it hangs too and I have to kill the process again !!!

So what's the differences in your environment when you invoke them like this?
Do you for example have two installed curl versions now and mix them somehow?