curl-and-php

RE: meaningless characters & cookie problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:36:07 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Cenk Uysal wrote:

> what i actually mean was "by default" where does curl saves the cookie file
> when COOKIEJAR option is set by the name of cookie file? but i realized
> that u can give the full path in the COOKIEJAR option. so now i dont need
> to know the default directory any more.

There is no default directory really. The default directory is set by your
environment, your current directory.

> please try to get the content of following url by curl for me:
>
> http://www.alibaba.com/trade/company/cat/1530.html
>
> you'll see that there will be "meaningless characters" and repetations of
> same data portions in the result. u dont need to login or send extra
> headers. this problem is not about php.

$ curl http://www.alibaba.com/trade/company/cat/1530.html -o dump
  % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time
Curr.
                                 Dload Upload Total Current Left
Speed
100 51987 0 51987 0 0 21030 0 --:--:-- 0:00:02 --:--:--
42717

I checked the downloaded data in my editor and I couldn't see any
"meaningless characters". I might have missed one perhaps since the page is
quite big. Any particular place in the file I should look?

This is the MD5 of the downloaded file:

$ md5sum dump
e84cf89304a190016b2226791ecdebc4 dump

And this is the cksum: