curl-and-php

Re: HTTP to HTTPS session array

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:57:37 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003, max arbos wrote:

> i would like to be able to send session information from one domain
> www.clientdomain.com to a secure section of their account.

"session information" ?

> the www.clientdomain.com wants to send session info to
> https://same.server.com/~clientdomain.com .

The host wants to send data to a web page?

> the clientdomain.com is an account on same.server.com . when i try to post
> data to the checkout page on the the
> https:/same.server.com/~clientdomain.com from www.clientdomain.com my
> session array MYCART is empty (and doesnt even show as a set variable)

Hold it here please.

You post to a page? How? What does it respond?

What is your "session array MYCART" and it what way is that related to this?

> i think i ma suppsoed to be making a connection to curl

You don't make connections "to" curl, you make them *with* curl.

> sending the data as feilds

Nope, you don't send data as fields. You send data with a POST request, and
the data may be structured in any way you want really, but since you probably
want to POST to a web site that receives this as if it was posted in a HTML
form, you need to format the data similarly. In a
"name=value&nextname=nextvalue" style.

> and then posting the info but i cannot get any success in doing this. i
> have tried a few test scripts and nothing seems to work.

And we are supposed to guess what you did, how it failed and how you should
correct your scripts we guessed you wrote?

> i am running, php 4.2.2 , apache 1.37, cURL libcurl 7.9.2 (OpenSSL 0.9.6b).

I'd recommend you upgrade your libcurl to a more modern version.