curl-and-php

Re[4]: Persistent SSL sessions ?

From: BAUMEISTER Alexandre <alex_at_finance-net.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:48:14 +0100

Andrew,

  reuse of the same handle while in the same PHP script execution
  works fine for me too. You open the connection then do a few SSL
  requests through that connection so that there is only one
  connection establishment and one SSL handshake.

  But what i'm talking about is a global ssl session id cache which
  would allow many instances of a PHP script to reuse already
  established SSL connections. Something like the Mysql permanent
  connections.

  I have a few scripts which are querying very often a distant HTTPS
  web site. But at each query it has to go through a new connection
  establishment and a new SSL handshake. A global SSL id session cache
  would make win some time and a lot of CPU resources.

  Alex.