curl-and-php

Re: new authorize.net requirements

From: John Clendinen <jc_at_qblue.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:22:23 -0500

Daniel... Wow, thanks for writing back. You are saving my life.

Here are answers to your questions...

System is cURL 7.9.4 on PHP 4.1.2 on Redhat Linux 6.2

(In case it matters, this is a Sun Cobalt box.)

No data whatsoever comes back when I connect using cURL at the command line.
Doesn't matter if I send any post values or not.

I can copy and paste the SSH page for you, but all you'll see is a line
where I execute the cURL statement and the next line where I CTRL-C it after
a couple minutes. But here it is, below. First I try to connect without any
post values. Then I try with the post values. Then I try to do a non-secure
connection. The only time I get anything at all is when I connect
non-secure, but it does prove somebody's listening, at least.

--------------------

[admin admin]$
[admin admin]$ curl https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

...nothing...

[admin admin]$ curl -d
"x_Amount=459.95&x_Card_Num=1111222233334444&x_Exp_Date=0304&x_Cust_ID=7064&
x_Invoice_Num=1038242852.7064"
https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

...nothing...

[admin admin]$ curl http://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>Firewall Error: Forbidden</TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY>
<H1>Forbidden</H1>
You are not permitted to access the remote system.
If this is an error, then you should contact your local firewall
administrator.
[admin admin]$

Thanks incredibly much for looking at this.

John C