curl-and-php

Re: exit status 35

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:01:03 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, mixo wrote:

> Under what conditons does 'ssl' handsake fail? In the past 2 weeks, exit
> status 35 has been returned 4 times by curl. Unfortunately I have not been
> able to repeat the problem.

OpenSSL doesn't always return very detailed information on what the reason is
for certain failures. libcurl itself can return the 35 for three different
reasons, and the two most unlikely events are that libcurl can't extract the
remove certificate "subject" or "issuer". The most likely error is that
SSL_connect() returned an error.

Whatever the case was for you, the error buffer should contain some more info
and using verbose output may also offer some more clues.