curl-and-php

Re: HTTPS and PHP

From: michael kimsal <michael_at_tapinternet.com>
Date: 04 Nov 2002 18:15:54 -0500

Thank you - here's what worked:

curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE);

There seems to be some issue with some SSL pages causing the system to
go into an infinite loop, but I'm pretty sure that's some other issue,
nothing directly related to curl.

Thanks for your patience.

FYI, I would never have looked for anything on 'verifying a peer'
because the error message had nothing to do with 'peers'. I suspect I'm
not alone using google (then marc.theaimsgroup.com) as a tool to look up
error messages. The error message I pasted had pretty much nothing
related to this fix. I'm a relative curl newbie, so maybe I'm just not
hip or with it or whatever, but this was certainly not an easy thing to
find an answer for without your document.

Thanks.