curl-and-php

Long pretransfer_time when using SSL

From: Dietrich Ayala <Dietrich.Ayala_at_foundstone.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 12:11:06 -0700

Hello,

Using PHP4.3.0-dev & 4.1.2 on W2K/IIS (company mandate, argh)...

I'm seeing pretransfer_time consistently between 3 - 3.5 seconds when
accessing a HTTPS address, whether I'm hitting a local address or
remote. I know that handshake, verification, etc take time, but this
seems *very* long.

Is this normal?
Are there settings I can tweak to decrease this time?
Does the php extension support CURLOPT_ENCODE?

Thanks!

dietrich