curl-and-php

Re: Curl & PHP install problem... (fwd)

From: David Johns <djohns_at_culturejam.tv>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:48:22

>I have a little PHP script that invokes some curl functions on a Mandrake
>8.0 box. I keep getting "Fatal Error: Call to undefined function
>curl_init()". I updated PHP from v4.0.4 -> 4.0.6, also curl v7.6.1 ->
>7.9.4, updated PHP.INI with the line "extension=libcurl.so" but I still
>can't get PHP to recognize that it has curl support.

Are you positive that libcurl.so is actually in your PHP extensions directory?

Will it work if you compile curl into PHP itself rather than as a dynamic extension?

Regards,

David Johns
culturejam.tv - pay per view Internet video streaming
Billing via Reverse SMS, Vodafone M-Pay, Telephone IVR and PayPal
To make money from your content, see http://www.culturejam.tv/ppv.htm

e: djohns_at_culturejam.tv
t: +44 (0) 20 8979 7600
f: +44 (0) 20 8979 8140

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) (the "intended recipient(s)") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible. The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily be the views of culturejam.tv. Any copyright in this message shall remain vested in culturejam.tv and the intended recipient may only copy the same for internal business purposes or as otherwise stated in this message. culturejam limited registered number 04147310