Re: command-line tool / SFTP / 644 permissions

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 15:33:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 23 Sep 2020, Aaron Couts via curl-users wrote:

I said it already then:

>> This is really an issue with libssh2 which is doing all the raw SFTP stuff.

curl doesn't try to change the permissions (as Dan already mentioned as you
can see by reading the code), and frankly I don't think libssh2 does either,
but if there's a mistake somewhere in the SFTP protocol layer it is done by
libssh2 so you're better off trying a libssh2 example code to reproduce the
problem and report there.

I rather suspect the error logging from the server is inaccurate.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!