Re: Curl upgrade from 7.65.1 to 7.70.0 causing http response processing performance degradation

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 23:44:02 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 8 Sep 2020, Kunal Chandarana via curl-users wrote:

Hi Kunal!

This is really a topic more suitable for the curl-library list, as this list
is targeted for users of the curl tool. You'll reach the larger crowd of
libcurl hackers there.

> Question - How has pause/unpause behavior changed in 7.70.0? Does anyone
> have insight what might be happening here?

I can't recall any pause/unpause specific changes in that time frame that
should explain this, and I just now checked the changelog for what we've done
since then and I couldn't find anything that seemed to be related to such a
pause/unpause issue. So this is a new thing to me!

I would suggest three action items going forward:

  - Try 7.72.0 and see if the issue is still there
  - If it is, consider bisecting to find exactly which commit that introduced
    the problem (as it'll certainly help us to understand what's going on)
  - If bisecting doesn't work or whatever, try writing up an example
    application that reproduces the problem (basically using the same logic
    your application does) so that we can help out debugging it from our side.

If all that fails, then debugging this yourself might be the only way...

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!