Re: curl help remodeled

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 23:36:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 4 Sep 2020, Paul Gilmartin via curl-users wrote:

> How will this affect the man page, both as viewed by "man curl" and
> <https://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html>?

Not at all. The man page and the HTML version of it should still be generated
exactly as before.

> The latter might usefully be refactored using URL fragments (RFC 1738).

It what way are you saying it could use fragments that it doesn't already?

My long-term plans has since a long time been to make sure that each
individual command line option eventually will get its own dedicated web page
on the site. To allow for better book-marking, longer description and perhaps
an example etc. I'm not sure we'll get there any time soon...

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!