Re: Newline escape sequence with -F

From: Alex Ahn via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 22:06:45 -0400

Sorry for the late reply. I've been busy for nearly the past two weeks, so
I couldn't really address your reply.

Yes I am trying to replicate in curl what I'd normally do on Discord. On
Discord, if I want to make a new line, I simply hold Shift and press Enter.
If I want to italicize, I put the text between *'s or _'s. For bold, I put
the text between **'s. Discord has a cheat sheet for formatting text.

I haven't tried that yet, to use the browser's debugging tools to see how
text is passed.

The backtick ` is used to format text on Discord, to highlight text in a
way. Powershell escape sequencing doesn't apply to Command Prompt.

I think I've the link you're referring to. I think I'll read it again later.

I've tried the echo command on Command Prompt. Worked just fine. For some
reason cURL won't cooperate with Command Prompt in letting me pass \n as
is, insisting on adding another \... >:(

I'll be back after I try the file solution you suggested.