Having issue adding -static-intel to build

From: Jason Kenny via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 14:39:11 +0000

Hi all,

I am having difficultly providing a LDFLAGS override or even modifying the automake files correctly to add a -static-intel link flag when using the intel compiler.

I know basic automake logic. However I have not had any success with modification that would normally work in other automake projects. Can someone provide my advice on how to modify the build files correctly or how to add a on the CLI extra LDFLAGS? I would like to add -static-intel to allow the build of curl to run without depends on various Intel libraries .so files at runtime.

Also as a side note I found the build system current tries to add -shared-intel to the CFLAGS when it detects icc as the compiler. This is a link flags not a compiler c or cpp flag. It currently has no effect on the build as by default the intel compiler does a -shared-intel.

Thanks for any help.

Jason