Re: -w %{JSON}

From: Ray Satiro via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 00:54:43 -0400

On 5/22/2020 5:09 PM, Daniel Stenberg via curl-users wrote:

> I don't understand. How does PowerShell change JSON?
>
>> There is a string and an array of strings. There are no «JSON objects».
>
> A JSON object is text formatted correctly to follow the JSON syntax.

In recent versions of Powershell you can use ConvertFrom-Json [1] to
convert curl's json text output to a custom powershell object.

$var = .\curl -w "%{json}" foo | ConvertFrom-Json

$var.GetType()

$var

[1]:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.utility/convertfrom-json?view=powershell-5.1