From: Jeffrey Walton via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 15:47:12 -0400

On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 7:02 AM Jeremy Nicoll via curl-users
<curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:

> On Sat, 9 May 2020, at 11:09, Коваленко Анатолий Викторович via curl-users wrote:
> > You asked an example. My script saved (as JSON) history of
> > HTTP-headers while downloading with
> > breaks of provider's connection.
> > Page: http://get.opera.com/ftp/pub/opera/desktop/68.0.3618.63/win/
> > File:
> > http://get.opera.com/ftp/pub/opera/desktop/68.0.3618.63/win/Opera_68.0.3618.63_Setup_x64.exe
> > Call: curl.exe -C - -D Dump.txt -O -R -y 10 -Y 1024 $HRef
> >
> > You can see, that changed and restored for a short time (from
> > next parameters:
> > 2020 12:59:22 GMT» and back);
>
> If the file being grabbed has changed while you've been trying to grab it,
> would this not make sense?

Also, some folks use etags to track users. It is another way to plant
a unique identifier on a user.

When etags are used as tracking cookies, then don't expect the
machinery to work as expected.

(I'm not sure if that is happening here, but it may explain some of
what is being seen).

Jeff