Re: What does "} [43028 bytes data]" mean in a curl upload?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 09:23:00 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020, Michael Newman via curl-users wrote:

> < 150 Accepted data connection
> } [43028 bytes data]
>
> Where does that 43028 bytes come from? It is definitely not the length of
> the file, but it is often the point at which the transfer fails.

It's really a pretty useless output. With the standard verbose mode (-v), curl
will display that message with counter for the first chunk of data it sends
off, but not for the rest - if there is a rest. We should probably reconsider
that logic.

If you want better and more details, use the --trace or --trace-ascii options.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Commercial curl support up to 24x7 is available!