RE: Specify multiple "@" files for --data

From: Norton, Mike via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 19:32:08 +0000

> The wording there is slightly misleading.

I can probably get stdin to work for my usage, thanks for the suggestion. It is going to be on Windows but I'm guessing it should be doable some way. I don't want to write a temp file because the data is sensitive secrets and so then I'd have to concern myself with file permissions and whatnot.

I think I would call this a documentation bug though. The sentence, "Multiple files can also be specified" should be deleted. It does not belong there. This particular paragraph is specifically talking about "if you start the data with the letter @". The possibility to use "--data" multiple times is already explained in a separate paragraph, so it is confusing to suddenly mention it again in a not-really-related context.

-mn