Re: : Why resolve the dns locally when using a socks5 proxy

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 20:26:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019, Qiying Wang via curl-users wrote:

>> It already does. See --socks5-hostname or specify the proxy with --proxy
>> socks5h://host.example.com/.

> The option --socks5-hostname specify the proxy server’s host name.
> But what I want is the following command line:

> curl --socks5 127.0.0.1:1080 https://google.com

No, you want the following command line:

   curl --socks5-hostname 127.0.0.1:1080 https://google.com

... as the --socks5-hostname documentation says:

  "Use the specified SOCKS5 proxy (and let the proxy resolve the host name)."

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me