RE: LDAP, netrc, username with space

From: Norton, Mike via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 16:53:07 +0000

I don't know the answers to your questions, but if you cannot find them in documentation then I would suggest experimenting.

> 1) Should a netrc file be usable with the LDAP protocol?

I would try testing with a username that doesn't have spaces. Get that working first before moving on to your second question.

> 2) Should a username with a space function normally, or is there quoting or escaping required?

For the username with spaces, I tried Googling and very quickly ended up at RFC 4516 ("LDAP: Uniform Resource Locator"). Not surprisingly, it seems by my quick skim through it that LDAP URIs are supposed to be URI-escaped. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4516 There are loads of examples in there.

-mn