Re: tr-encoding

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 23:27:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 15 Jun 2019, JACOB WIESE via curl-users wrote:

> The curl I am using says it is built with brotli but does not appear to be
> advertising this.

> curl --tr-encoding

>> TE: gzip

Clearly it doesn't do that for transfer-encoding (which I think is a bug).
Then again, I don't know of anyone who uses transfer-encoding with curl or any
other HTTP clients and I don't know how commonly supported this is in servers.
For example, no browsers do transfer-encoding compression.

If you want to do HTTP with compression like it is commonly done over the web,
you use --compressed. It sends a 'Accept-Encoding:' header which should
include br for brotli if you have that ability built-in.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me