Re: "HTTP error before end of send, stop sending" when redirecting to GET after POST

From: Matt McClure <matthew_at_matthewlmcclure.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 22:16:38 -0500

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 10:52 Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Feb 2019, Matt McClure wrote:
>
> > I'm getting "HTTP error before end of send, stop sending" from curl when
> > upload a file to a server that redirects to GET after POST.
>
> I've stared at your logs, the code and tried to reproduce this myself but
> haven't yet figured out why you get this.

Thank you for taking the time.

I should have also mentioned that if I change the server to send a
“Connection: close” header the info/“error” message goes away.

I’m happy to try to reproduce against your server if you can share what you
tested against.

> A benign info message that I can safely ignore?
>
> All info messages are just there for info and thus benign. If it would be
> truly bad, curl would return an error there.

Thanks for confirming.

--
http://matthewlmcclure.com
+1 617 329 1189