Re: Authorization and Github

From: Gisle Vanem <gisle.vanem_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2018 18:17:40 +0200

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>> If I disable gist.githubusercontent.com from the _netrc, even then this
>> header is sent. This auth-data is then coming the 'default login anonymous' line.
>
> curl doesn't read the .netrc by default so you've asked it to use this file somehow?

Obviously. In my %APPDATA%/_curlrc, I have a:
   netrc

which is what I want and that works in all cases. Esp. with FTP,
but not with the gist.githubusercontent.com host.

I'm not sure what the definitive RFC says about sending "Authorization: "
when not asked for. Or if simply Github's server is too strict.

--
--gv