Re: need help on downloading xml file

From: Jerome Yanga <jerome.yanga_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 11:07:27 -0700

Mike,

The XML file name in the URL provided changes from time to time as well as
the hash prefixing it. Please see the URL below for the XML file for today.

https://download.microsoft.com/download/0/1/8/018E208D-54F8-44CD-AA26-CD7BC9524A8C/PublicIPs_20180605.xml

As Dod had suggested, I need to parse the page for the XML file URL
(Thanks, Dod). This was my plan B. Please see the one liner below.

curl -sS https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=41653
--insecure | grep downloadretry | awk '{print $17}' | cut -f2 -d'"'

I was hoping that there is an argument in curl that I can use so that I do
not have to parse the page. (...still hoping) :)

Regards,