Re: Status of Progress Bar

From: Stephen McDowell <sjm324_at_cornell.edu>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2018 23:51:26 -0700

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the response and explaining the implications of the TODO document :)

Yes, the Travis cURL is probably very very old. I will spend a few more days information gathering on this in a public repo so the build logs can be viewable for others, and install the newest cURL.

We can reproduce the effect locally by using a small terminal size (e.g., < 40 chars wide), but the Travis specific failure is likely caused by something else. It’s an unfortunate heisenbug (doesn’t happen always, just frequently), so I will try my best to see if I can find a reliable way to reproduce it.

-Stephen