Re: Idea: master/client concept

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 17:03:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018, Dan Fandrich wrote:

>> That will also (basically) require that we switch to using the multi
>> interface internally.
>
> I don't think that's actually a prerequisite. The transfers could be done
> sequentially, just as they are done now with --next.

Yes, it is certainly possible but I was also thinking of the pipe or stdin
that won't be read until between each transfer (unless we want to use a
dedicated thread for it) if we use the easy interface and then we might run
into issues with the pipe running full before we read it.

When using the multi interface, we would just add the pipe's fd to the mix and
read from there as soon as it signals there's something to read...