changing -# output on unknown data size?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 22:31:45 +0100 (CET)

Hey

Here's how the -# progress bar currently works:

1. If the total transfer size is known, it uses a single line to show a
progress bar growing from 0% to 100%.

2. If curl doesn't know the total transfer size, it instead outputs a (hash)
'#' once for every transferred kilobyte of data.

We've been discussing improving mode (2). I would like to make it only use a
single line even for that.

I might have gone a little overboard, but I felt inspired and I've posted a
suggestion on how curl could instead behave that might be more appealing to
users. There's even a small demo video showing it off.

Check out https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/2242

If you have feedback, ideas or alternative suggestions, bring them here or in
the PR!