RE: Unable to upload file from RedHat to a Share Point site

From: Norton, Mike <mikenorton_at_pwsd76.ab.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 23:27:45 +0000

Hi, a few thoughts:

1. The HTTP 401 Unauthorized is not the problem. That is the entirely normal way of the server telling the client that it needs to authenticate, which it then does in the next step of your output. The actual error that you need to concern yourself with is SSL read: errno -5961.

2. It is pointless for you to bother specifying --cacert since you have disabled certificate checking with -k. That said, disabling certificate checking is almost never a good idea.

3. I tried your method against my SharePoint site and my output was the same as yours up until your SSL read error. At that point, my upload finishes and SharePoint returns HTTP 201 Created. So it definitely should be possible to do an upload the way you are attempting to. My versions are different than yours: I'm using newer Curl, 7.38.0 (Debian), newer IIS, 8.5, and older SharePoint, 15.0.0.4561. My SharePoint frontends are behind an OpenSSL-based reverse proxy, so in my case the Windows SSL is not in play.

I don't know what errno -5961 means so I don't have any specific suggestions.

-mn